The iPhone 8 is one of the best versions of the iPhone based on durability, processing capabilities and a good battery life. However, with any smartphone device, there will be some issues in spite of their effectiveness. Many of the problems have to do with iOS updates, connectivity, the Touch ID, iCloud and Bluetooth compatibility.
If you have an iPhone 8, it’s imperative to read further on common hardware and software issues you may face and how to fix them if they happen.
1. Bluetooth Compatibility
Since Apple completely removed the headphone jack in the iPhone 7, many iPhone 8 owners were experiencing difficulties with their Bluetooth connectivity. Fortunately, Bluetooth connectivity issues are largely based on flaws within the iOS 11 update, which can be fixed rather easily. If you’re experiencing Bluetooth compatibility difficulties, try the following methods:
- Forget Paired Device: You may be unable to successfully pair to a different device. Pairing to another Bluetooth capable device and having sound play from it optimally, indicates that it is your iPhone that may be having the issue. If this is the case, you should forget your device and attempt pair again by:
- Go into the Settings and locate Bluetooth
- Find the “i” icon located next to your device name
- Click to “forget this device” and disconnect your iPhone for a few minutes
- Then go back into the Bluetooth page and allow your iPhone 8 Bluetooth to find device again and attempt to pair
2. Battery Swelling
Battery swelling is commonly reported as an iPhone 8 issue many owners experience. The iPhone 8 battery has a tendency to swell, which can cause the one to split in some instances. If you experience iPhone battery swelling, it’s crucial to take your device into our iPhone repair shop in Burlington for repairs. The battery may often swell when it becomes overheated, overcharged or is malfunctioning because of age. When this occurs, stop charging the device and avoid using it until our Tech Genius technicians can examine it.
3. Wi-FI Connectivity
Another common issue that iPhone 8 users face is difficulty connecting to Wi-Fi, having the Wi-Fi connection drop frequently or operating at an extremely slow speed. Another common occurrence is being told you’re inserting an “incorrect password” after inputting the correct password. Here’s what you should try:
- Check on the Wi-Fi network settings under the Settings page.
- Ensure your device is updated to the current iOS installation and if not, update the device.
- Troubleshoot the device by forgetting the network and attempting to connect again.
- If the previous are not effective, you can Reset network settings entirely.
Tech Genius is Burlington’s #1 phone repair shop for iPhone back glass repair, iPhone screen repair, battery replacement and much more. You can count on our skilled technicians to repair and restore your device and have it back in your hands in no time. Contact us today for repairs and we can pick up, restore and drop your device right back to you!