It’s not uncommon to hear Apple users complain about their iPhone screens beginning to glitch or flick after they’ve recently updated their mobile device. Although the flickering may not trigger the same anxieties as a cracked screen, the glitching can still hinder your ability to use your iPhone comfortably and freely.
If your iPhone is flickering and unable to respond to any operations; don’t worry, Tech Genius has your back! Here’s what you can do to try and stop the flickering after a recent update.
1. Attempt A Hard Reset
Sometimes, the iPhone can be restored with a simple reset. To try restoring your device, hold down the Sleep/Wake along with the Home button on your device simultaneously until the Apple logo reappears. If your device screen turns on and it continues the flicker, the issue lies elsewhere.
2. Turn Off Auto-Brightness
You may not be aware of it, but Apple has added an “auto-brightness” feature in the display & brightness category. The auto-brightness uses ambient light sensors that adjust the brightness based on the environment. This may be causing the screen flickering problem. Turn off the auto-brightness by:
- On the iPhone, go into the Settings app.
- On the Settings app, select the Display & Brightness category, click Auto-Brightness and turn the toggle off.
- Restart the device to see if it has resolved the flickering.
3. Free Storage Space
It’s easy to lose storage space as you download apps, music and videos. However, without sufficient memory, this can cause the iPhone to have several issues, including a flickering screen. Try the following to solve the issue:
- On your iPhone, go into the Settings app.
- Select General, then go into the Storage & iCloud Usage category.
- Locate “Available” which will tell you if your device has sufficient storage space.
- If there is not enough space, begin deleting some apps, notes, music or text messages to gain more storage space. Restart the phone to see if this has solved the issue.
4. Check the Latest iOS Software Upgrade
Sometimes, even if you’ve updated your iPhone’s iOS software recently, there may be another update right around the corner that you need to install. This may be causing the flickering on the iPhone. Try upgrading to the latest upgrade by doing the following:
- Open the iPhone, go into the Settings app.
- Go to General, then to Software Update. If there is an available update for your device, it will be available for you to install if there is enough storage space.
- Select Install Now to download and follow the instructions afterwards. When the device turns back on, see if the screen is restored.
If you’re unable to restore the flickering on your iPhone Screen, our iPhone screen repair experts at Burlington’s Tech Genius can solve this issue for you. Our technicians can complete a free diagnosis on the device and follow with software troubleshooting and screen repair to restore your phone. Choose us for pick-up, delivery or in-store, contact our iPhone service centre today https://techgenius.ca/contact-us/.